Category Archives: Getting Juiced
Do horses like pears?
This juice was a hit! It has been list under my favorite juices that I make more offene than others.
Benefit of Pears:
Pears provide a very good source of fiber and are also a good source of vitamin B2, C, E, copper, and potassium. They also contain a significant amount of pectin, which is a water soluble fiber.
Pears are actually higher in pectin than apples. This makes them effective in helping to lower cholesterol levels and in toning the intestines. They are often recommended by health care practitioners as a hypoallergenic fruit that is high in fiber. They are less likely to produce an adverse response than other fruits. Pears are often recommended as a safe fruit to introduce to infants. Pears are an extraordinary source of dietary fiber when the skin is eaten along with the flesh. Pears are also an excellent source of vitamin C and vitamin E, both powerful antioxidants and essential nutrients.
Pears are often recommended as a hypo-allergenic fruit that is high in fiber but less likely to produce adverse reactions. Pear juice is safe to be introduced to infants as they are mild, yet healthful.
Blood pressure: Pears have anti-oxidant and anti-carcinogen glutathione which help prevent high blood pressure and stroke.
- Blood pressure: Pears have anti-oxidant and anti-carcinogen glutathione which help prevent high blood pressure and stroke.
- Cancer prevention: The high vitamin C and copper content act as good anti-oxidants that protect cells from damages by free radicals.
- Cholesterol: The high content of pectin in pears make it very useful in helping to lower cholesterol levels.
- Colon health: When not juicing, eat the pear whole for its precious fiber that are highly beneficial for your colon health.
- Constipation: The pectin in pears is diuretic and have a mild laxative effect. Drinking pear juice regularly helps regulate bowel movements.
- Energy: You can get quick and natural source of energy from pear juice, due largely to its high amounts of fructose and glucose.
- Fever: The cooling effect in pear is excellent in relieving fever. Best way to bring a fever down quickly is by drinking a big glass of pear juice.
- Immune booster: The anti-oxidant nutrients in pears are critical in building up your immune system. Drink pear juice when you feel a cold coming.
- Inflammation: Pear juice has an anti-inflammatory effect and helps relieve sufferers of much pain in various inflammatory conditions.
- Osteoporosis: Pears contain high level of boron. Boron helps the body to retain calcium, thus prevents or retards osteoporosis.
- Pregnancy: The high content of folate (folic acid) prevents neural tube defects in infants.
- Shortness of breath: The summer heat may cause children to have shortness of breath with excessive phlegm. Drink pear juice during this period to help clear the phlegm.
- Throat problem: The pears are in season during the summer for a reason. Drinking pear juice every morning and night helps to cool your body down during this time. It nourishes the throat and helps prevent throat problems.
- Vocal chord: Boil two Chinese pear juice with some raw honey and drink warm. This is extremely healing for the throat and the vocal cord.
- Fiber: Pears are an excellent source of natural dietary fiber. One pear will give you 24% of your recommended daily allowance of fiber. Fiber contains no calories, and is a necessary element of a healthy diet as it helps sustain blood sugar levels and promotes regularity.
Pectin is a type of soluble fiber that binds to fatty substances in the digestive tract and promotes their elimination. This seems to help lower blood cholesterol levels. Soluble fiber also helps regulate the body’s use of sugars.
How do pears rank on the Glycemic Index?
Pears have 26 net grams of carbs. The carbohydrates in a pear are low on the glycemic index and have a low glycemic load. This basically means that the carbs in pears are slow to convert to sugar and enter the bloodstream. Pears are a good choice for getting healthy carbs.
I decided to juice some straight broccoli, just experimenting. I dont recommend juicing broccoli juice alone. It taste better when matched with another fruit or veggie. But I drank it anyways…wasn’t too bad. Here are some health enhancing benefits of this little green tree!
Drinking broccoli juice enables you to take in large amounts of pre-digested nutrients, which gives your digestive system a rest. Juicing also makes it possible to ingest much more raw broccoli than you would eat at one sitting. It is easy to include an entire head of broccoli with carrots and an apple in a tall glass of juice, but eating the same head might be difficult.
According to Juicing-for-Health.com, broccoli contains a substance called sulforaphane, which may be useful in assisting the body in preventing peptic ulcers. Broccoli juice can also ease gastritis and indigestion.
Compared ounce for ounce with milk, broccoli actually has more calcium, according to Iowa State University. The calcium in broccoli juice can help with the bone density problems many people experience as they get older. Broccoli juice is also a beneficial alternative to cow’s milk for those who are lactose intolerant.
Broccoli juice contains an anti-estrogenic compound known as glucosinolates. This compound helps the body rid itself of excess estrogen, which has been associated with elevated breast cancer risk, says Juicing-for-Health.com.
Juicing fresh broccoli can help protect your vision. Broccoli has high antioxidant levels, which can help keep your vision clear, as well as lutein, which helps protect against age-related macular degeneration. Combine broccoli and carrot juices for an even more powerful eye tonic.
Nothing compares to fresh juice. Pineapple juice that comes from a can or bottle is no comparison to freshly chopped and blended fruit First of all, canned juice hardly even taste like the real stuff, its a hint of flavor with tons of sugar. Pineapple has such a unique flavor that it goes “Bang!” to your taste buds.
- Bottle juice is pasteurized and the nutrients are depleted.
- Juices made from imported produce may carry traces of banned pesticides.
- Juices from fruit concentrates do not contain the whole fruits and they may be nothing more than sugar water — possibly made with chemicals in water from industrial sites.
- Acids from juices can leech metal from cans, causing canned juice to spoil.
- Wax and other chemicals found in juice containers can taint the juice.
- Shrink-wrapped juice cartons come under high heat that depletes enzymes in juice.
Natural Juices made at home
Natural juices contain all the vitamins, minerals, fluids, enzymes, amino acids and chlorophyll (with no toxic additives) found in raw vegetables – thereby helping the body by:
- Promoting growth and development
- Assisting with digestion
- Providing energy
- Protecting against oxidation
- Renewing cells
- Enriching Blood
I definitely had a carb-licous week and was in need of a drink that was going to make me feel “not bloated”. I think everyone has those days where they reflect on what they shouldn’t of ate that week or how they should of gone to the gym a few more times. But no worries, I have a solution! Celery is truly a super food that naturally curbs your appetiate while also giving you tons of energy (making you feel slim in no time). Celery juice is one of the most highly nutritious and hydrating foods that we can have.It’s also a cool, refreshing drink on a blistering summer day!
Here are just some of the benefits of celery juice:
Celery juice is highly nutritious and one of the most hydrating foods we can put in our bodies. Because it is incredibly alkalizing, it equalizes the body’s PH, which is vital for peak health. . Celery leaves are high in vitamin A, whilst the stems are an excellent source of vitamins B1, B2, B6 and C and dense in potassium, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, sodium and essential amino acids.
- Celery calms the nerves and has a relaxing power upon consumption. Therefore, it helps cure insomnia.
- The high amount of sodium content replaces electrolytes in your body, thereby making this an excellent drink for athletes.(Very different to table salt. Normal table salt is composed of insoluble inorganic compounds which lead to the development of varicose veins, hardening of the arteries and other aliments. If salt, including sea salt is white, then it has been processed and all minerals and nutrients have been destroyed.)
- It suppresses the appetite, which leads to weight loss because it is low in calories, you can eat as much as you want.
- Celery contains phytochemical compounds called coumarins that help lower blood pressure and reduce cholesterol. It also helps prevent and fight cancer.
I could sip on this water all day and I did!Fresh fruit waters, or Aguas de Frutas, made with crushed or blended fruit are a common and popular drink all over Mexico. This recipe is extremely flavorful and refreshing, especially when fresh strawberries are in season.When making this water its important to lets the strawberries marinade with sugar (stevia) and water before tossing everything in the blender. Over night would be perfect to extract the strawberry flavors.
- 4 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup Raw Stevia
- 8 cups cold water
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges (optional)
- 8 fresh mint sprigs (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together sliced strawberries, sugar, and 1 cup of water. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Remove the strawberry mixture from the refrigerator and pour into a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Pour the blended berry mixture through a wire mesh strainer set over a large mixing bowl; discard the pulp and seeds.
- Add the remaining 7 cups cold water to the pureed strawberries and mix well. Place the Aqua de Fresa in the refrigerator to chill for several hours or pour over ice and serve immediately. Garnish with lime slices or mint leaves.
I can’t believe I haven’t posted anything with mango in it! So I decided to combine mango with some organic oranges (thanks neighbor!) and vanilla protein.MMm fresh mango and oranges.Im currently obsessed with smoothie/veggie shakes and salads this month. It’s just too hots to really cook anything stove top or be in the mood for a warm meal. Luckily, this combination is super fast and easy so its a win, win. But I must admit I’ve started to miss cooking a well planned out meal.This was my brunch (11:00am) with my sister. I was in photographer mood so I decided to take a few shoots of my sister..isn’t she lovely?
Mango also has many health benefits. It’s rich in fat-soluble antioxidants called carotenoids, which are anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, protect the brain and nervous system, guard skin against sun damage, and are beneficial for people with angina, high cholesterol, heart disease, and acne. It’s also rich in vitamin C and potassium.
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Soy Protein
- 3 Mango/2 Oranges ratio
There is no better way to start your day than with a very berry smoothie! This smoothie is also perfect as a post work meal to replenish your body who is craving fuel to help repair muscle tissue and restore glycogen levels (which are depleted after a strenuous workout) .Jamba juice has nothing on this drink! There’s nothing better than making your own fruit smoothie and knowing exactly what is being put it in. So why is this smoothie so awesome?!
- Oatmeal:Fiber source (1/4 cup)
- Banana:High-glycemic carbohydrate source
- Organic Frozen Berries and Fresh Strawberries:Carbohydrate-driven energy source
- Natural Peanut ( I used PB2): Good Fat (1 tbsp)
- Almond or Soy Milk: Protein (1/2 cup) * optional
- 1 Scoop of Raw Protein: 16 more grams of protein
- Fiber meal : Little extra fiber won’t hurt (1 Tbsp)
- H20,Agua,Water, Aqua, νερό: The more the merrier
Put all the following ingredients it all in a blender. Pour and enjoy. Share with friends and family.
1/2 Cantaloupe + 1/2 Watermelon = Melon Breeze
I had been looking through a mini recipe book that came with my Ninja blender( I love my blender! I high recommend this one.) and I stumbled upon this recipe.Since my mother had given me a cantaloupe and I had no intention to cutting it up anytime soon , this was my chance to put it to good use.
* You may add Stevia If your fruit isn’t sweet enough. Mine was!
My lovely sister made me a surprise visit so we decided to combined like terms and made a yummy refreshing fruit drink and a meal. Our weekly get togethers consist of either cooking or trying to do her insanity workout videos with a lot of laughing in between of course . The best part of having a sister is that you could make fun of each other and and if you do happen to get mad your over it within 5 minutes.
Amazing Health Benefits Of Cantaloupe:
Its an excellent source of vitamin A on account of its concentrated beta-carotene content. Once inside the body, beta-carotene can be converted into vitamin A, so when you eat cantaloupe it’s like getting both these beneficial nutrients at once. One cup of cantaloupe is just 56 calories, but provides 108% of the daily value for vitamin A. Both vitamin A and beta-carotene are important vision nutrients. In a study of over 50,000 women nurses aged 45 to 67, women who consumed the highest dietary amount of vitamin A had a 39% reduced risk of developing cataracts. In another study that looked at the incidence of cataract surgery and diet, researchers found that those people who ate diets that included cantaloupe had half the risk of cataract surgery, while those who ate the highest amounts of butter, salt and total fat had higher risks for cataract surgery. Beta-carotene has also been the subject of extensive research in relationship to cancer prevention and prevention of oxygen-based damage to cells.
This is one of the most natural refreshing drinks ever!! During these hot summer days we tend to lean toward drinks that will satisfy and quench our thirst but steer clear from sugary beverages that advertises to be “natural”.Most sweeten ice teas and lemonade are jam packed with up to 40 gram of refined sugar . So grab a pitcher,a pinch of mint, chop up some cucumber,zest a lemon and enjoy some refreshing healthy water.
Cucumbers contain vitamin C and caffeic acid, two antioxidant nutrients that can help protect the skin from sun damage. Vitamin C boosts collagen and elastin, which helps keep skin looking vibrant while caffeic acid protects skin cells from UV radiation. Cucumbers also have natural anti-inflammatory properties and help to prevent water retention. Cucumbers also contain silica, an essential component of healthy connective tissue.
- Zest of a lemon
For dinner I wanted to make something light and easy to make so I cooked up a veggie omelet under a bed of fresh baby spinach (spinach is not in picture).
- Egg Whites= Protein
- Veggies= Low Carb
- Avocado=Fat (good fat)
Egg White Omelet:
- 4 Egg Whites
- Diced Onion
- Diced Yellow Squash
- Topped Off With Avocado
- Fresh Baby Spinach